Monday, July 6, 2009

The One Where I'm Certified!


What a busy day this has been!  I was almost too tired to write, but I figured I've skipped enough days from being out of town.  I had to get up at 6:30am today to be at the designated place for my CNA test.  (For those of you who don't know...CNA stands for "certified nurses aide"- I have to have this certification to begin nursing school in the fall!)  You have to go through the state and today at 8am was the time they scheduled for my test!  You have to take a written test, pass that, and then do a skills test and pass that!  I was SOOOO nervous!  I knew going into the skills test that I knew everything, but still- being put on the spot and having someone actually watching for you to make a mistake is just nervewracking!!  I did pass though and I was so excited I gave the instructor a hug haha:)  

My mom's friend Linda is here from Florida.  Her son Wade plays baseball for a farm team for the Tampa Bay Rays.  Everyone is hoping he will get called up to the big leagues sometime soon, so keep your fingers crossed!  Anyway, Wade's team played our home team this week, so Linda came up to stay with us for a few days!  After my test, mom, Linda, and I trekked out to the new Ikea store in town.  Okay, I'm sorry, but if a store is so big it has to have a restaurant, then it is TOOO big!! :)  But we had so much fun walking through and they really do have some cute, cute stuff!  I really really liked the fabric on this sofa:

But they didn't have it in a bedspread or duvet cover!  I was kind of sad, but I'm hoping to find one similar to is somewhere!  Any ideas of where I might find a similar pattern??!!  

After we left Ikea, we headed home.  I was exhausted from being up so early so I took a two hour nap- and let me tell you- it felt SOOO good!  Sometime in the middle of my nap I woke up to a thunderstorm outside, and it helped me fall right back asleep.  That's one thing I love about the summer- the thunderstorms.  Thunder is so calming to me!  Which is strange because when I was little I was so scared of it!  Now I just think it is peaceful.  

My mom made King Ranch Chicken for dinner tonight.  I think I have seen similar recipes on some of your blogs!  My aunt and cousin came down to have dinner with us tonight and I really enjoyed that:)  I am so family oriented and I just love being around my family!

But the big news today- besides passing my CNA test and the tour of the new Ikea store....is that there was apparently a serial killer in the bordering state to mine!  Maybe you've heard about it on the news?  He killed 5 people.  WELLLLL.  It turns out he's been just "chilling" with some "acquaintances" about 30 minutes from where I live.  How scary is that?  I do know he was shot and killed though, so I suppose I don't really have to worry about him now.  But honestly.  On my way home from the lake the other day I was driving through the part of town I thought he was in- thought to myself, "well I ought to keep my doors locked in case he tries to carjack me while I'm going 70 mph on the highway!"....when I should have been more careful closer to home:)  Ahh, well.

I hope everyone had a good Monday!  Tomorrow is Tuesday and then it's just humpday!  The weekend is getting closer y'all:)

Erin

2 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting! And I love the fabric on that Ikea chair!

mylittlebecky said...

ikea! it's so easy to get lost in there! with all their "the exit is right- just kidding!" signs.

ps hello! :)