Monday, December 20, 2010

A Look Back: 2010

I saw this on another blog (which blog?? It escapes me now, I'm so so sorry!) but I really loved the idea so I'm doing it for myself! Here is a look back at my 2010 year :)

January
David and I rang in the New Year with our good friends Jake and Jess and my cousin Scott and his girlfriend Kylie!

February
February brought our first snow in our first house :) It was beautiful...

and Marley really enjoyed it ;)

March
David and I went with his family to see Brad Paisley--we were so close to him!


And I celebrated my 23rd birthday with clothes


and a trip to the beach...

...with some good friends


April
The nursing girls celebrated Vanessa's birthday on the first warm day of spring!


We also all walked in the March of Dimes walk and made our own t-shirts! It was so much fun and such a great cause.


I was also inducted into the Sigma Theta Tau international nursing honor society which was a great honor. I've definitely worked hard for my nursing degree!

May

What a fun month! We celebrated Scott's graduation from Georgia Tech! I'm so proud of my cousin.


*I also started my nursing internship in the MS-ICU and ER...but I never took any pictures of my uniform :)

June
In June, we found our sweet Jovie girl on the side of the road! It's turned out that she's got quite an attitude!


And we also went to a Brave's game to celebrate Poppa's (David's grandfather) birthday!


The most fun was David's family's beach trip. It's turned in to an annual thing and I really look forward to it each year. I hope I get to go next year :)

July
Over the 4th weekend, we headed to the Bell's lakehouse and I learned how to water ski! I've done it now, so I don't have to do it ever again ;)

August
"You know I like my chicken fried..."

David, his sister Susan, her boyfriend Chase, and I all went to the ZBB concert and it was awesome! So much fun and he's such a good musician!



September
Start of football season! We ventured to Clemson many times this football season, but the best part was getting to catch up with my old roomies :)


October
Has turned in to such a loving month! First, David's cousin Russell got married to Jamie. It was such a nice wedding and the reception was amazing! Here is the Bell family...little did I know that I was going to be a part of that family so soon!
Probably the most exciting event of the year for me was getting engaged!! I can't believe I get to marry the love of my life next year and it was such a wonderful, thought-out surprise!


November
David and I ran in our first 5k! I am very proud of myself and can't wait to run in some more races!


I was also asked to be in my friend Vanessa's wedding as a bridesmaid! What an honor, and I can't wait to stand next to her and support her in her wedding!


And of course, we can't forget the trip to get the christmas tree :)


December
David and I celebrated 4 years together--I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

I touched my very first zebra, haha :)


And tried my hand at home-made cinnamon rolls--which turned out quite delicious if I do say so myself!



What a wonderful look back :) A lot of wonderful, wonderful things have happened to me this year and I can't help but feel so blessed and grateful! I hope yours was just as great!

3 comments:

Sarah Robbins said...

What a fun year! I love the "Look Back" posts. Writing them is as much fun as reading them! Just think of how exciting next year's will be- you're getting married! :)

Sarah Robbins said...

Hey Erin, I got a copy of the North Carolina edition of The Knot. (I have no idea why!) I don't know if you have that wedding magazine already, but I'd be happy to mail it to you if you want. Just send me an email and I will get it to you. . . (My email's on my blog)

Ashley said...

Cute! I need to do this!! Looks like you had a great year!