Saturday, December 18, 2010

Busy Bee!


I have been a busy bee the last few days! I've had a bunch of crafty things to do since David was at work and let me tell you, I've been rocking it out! I made 2 pillow cases on Wednesday. I won't bore you with pictures of those, you've seen enough of my pillow cases to know what they look like :)

Then I got to work on a project I was really excited about. This will be Jovie's first christmas and she doesn't have a stocking. It would have been very easy to just go out and buy one, but I thought I'd try my hand at sewing one! I think I did pretty good on it. I ran out of batting on Thursday and had to get out in the nasty weather to go get extra. Then, I proceeded to break two needles...and was so frustrated I just had to quit. I finally got up the nerve to finish today ;) And here is the final product! What do you think?


I think it's pretty girly! I love it!

David and I went shopping today for my christmas present. I have been wanting a pair of skinny jeans so that's what we did! I ended up getting three pairs of BKE's from Buckle--one of which is a pair of skinnies :) When we got home, these babies were finally waiting on me!


David and I celebrated 4 years of being together on Thursday and he ordered me flowers which never came. But they were here today and he was so excited because they are called "candy cane lilies"--love it!

And finally, for the last few hours, I've been working on the Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls! At christmas time, my family usually has bacon and cinnamon rolls so this year I decided we were going to have homemade cinnamon rolls :) Tonight was just a run through but I think they turned out pretty good! David enjoyed them! Here they are before we cooked some of them:


Here is one batch just out of the oven!

And the delicious topping :)


I made mine with cream cheese frosting instead of her maple frosting, but I'm sure that's just as delicious! Tomorrow I am tackling some sugar cookies--David's request :) But I think I'm done for the night, haha! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Sarah Robbins said...

You have been busy! The stocking turned out great. I will have to try those cinnamon rolls- I like cream cheese frosting better, too.

You should post a picture of your skinny jeans- I LOVE skinny jeans. I wear them even though I'm preggers and they are so awesome!

Ashley said...

Yum! I've been wanting to try her cinnamon rolls. I love her! And the flowers are beautiful! Happy Anniversary! : )