Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The One With the Nurse!

I had my first official day of nursing school today!  I was sooo worried about parking and when I arrived on campus....45 minutes early.... there were plenty of spots to choose from!  I was so relieved and the rest of the day just went so smoothly:)  My first professor for my "Concepts of Professional Nursing" class is so energetic!  She was really nice and talked us all in to not worrying about everything and just taking it day by day!  There are about 42 of us in the fall BSN class and I have to say that everyone I met today was really nice.  I hope it stays that way:)  I really hope we will all get to be great friends over the next few years....as we will be in all the same classes together ha!  We got out of class really early so a few of us found a table and sat around, talked, and had lunch.  

Then we had Pathophysiology.  This is exactly what the professor said, "This class is going to be boring.  So I'm going to try to make it fun and hopefully it will be fun for you.  Also I really want everyone to pass.  But not everyone will. Because this is a hard class.  But I'm really rooting for you to pass."

Great!  There went all the non-worrying thoughts haha!!  I'm going to bust my butt to keep an A in that class, hopefully I will succeed with that goal!:)  A few of us have already decided we are going to have a study group and get together a lot.  I don't know about you, but it helps me to be able to talk to someone about what I'm learning.  I feel like if I can explain it then I understand it!  And I'm going to HAVE to understand all of this.  I mean...you wouldn't want a nurse working on you who got C's all the way through nursing school would you??  I know I wouldn't....

Anyway, I'm excited about tomorrow because we will be assigned a clinical day (either Tues. or Thurs.) and we get to order our uniforms, stethescopes, and BP cuffs!! Yayyyy!! I can't wait to get all of that stuff and get the ball rolling with this!  I've already got homework assignments and bookoos(sp??) of chapters to read.  I suppose this will be my life for a while!  I'll let you know how the uniform stuff goes tomorrow:) 

Did everyone have a good Wednesday?  Can't wait to hear about them!

Erin

2 comments:

Katie said...

Glad you got parking and had a good day! :)

mylittlebecky said...

that's so exciting! i'm literally green with envy. you KNOW you will make great friends in a program like that. good luck !:)