Monday, January 24, 2011

Inspiration Monday

"Beauty is the mark God sets on virtue. Every natural action is graceful; every heroic act is also decent, and causes the place and the bystanders to shine." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Can anyone sense a pattern here?? It seems that my blogs mostly consist of Inspiration Monday's and Wedding Wednesday's now! I guess we all know school is back in session :) Monday's are my day off to play catch up with all of my school work and anything else that needs to get done. Tuesday I have class and tutoring, Wednesday I babysit from 9-3:30pm and then there are Thursdays....

From now until all of my hours (120 to be exact) are completed, I will be going to class from 8-3:30pm on Thursdays, coming home for a quick 1 hour nap, and then heading to the hospital for my preceptorship! I work Thursday nights 7p-7a, come home and sleep most of the day Friday and get up and do it all again Friday night.

Needless to say, I get pretty exhausted over the weekend and spend most of that time catching up on my rest! When do I have time to do anything else??? Ha! But so far my preceptorship has been good. It's a med-surg floor and really there is nothing interesting that goes on. Most of the women on my floor has sometime of cancer (ovarian, uterine...etc.) and sleep through the night. So mainly I pass meds, help people to the bathroom, and chart. I think I like a little bit more of an exciting atmosphere, but during the slow parts of the night I'm going to start taking my school books to get some reading out of the way. The girls that I work with are all really nice and encouraging and my preceptor has been nursing for 22 years! I'm definitely ready to graduate, but I'm also really nervous about being "out on my own." It's just kind of scary knowing someone's life is in your hands.... haha!

Anyway, I am headed up to school today to talk to the new nursing students about how I have been a successful nursing student--hahaha ;) That should be interesting! Happy Monday everyone!

No comments: