Sunday, January 2, 2011

Home

Well, I'm home again. David drove me half way to meet my mom who drove me the rest of the way home. (I rode down with my cousin Scott the day after Christmas since it snowed so much!....I was scared to drive, haha!) We had lunch at Cracker Barrel, switched my stuff from David's car to mom's car and we were on our way. I can't believe how fast this break has gone and I've spent the rest of my day pouting, unpacking, and making myself feel better with some movies.
I just hate leaving my fiance.

On another note, we rang in the new year with my cousin Scott and his girlfriend Kylie. Unfortunately, I was a terrible photographer and took no pictures at all! I'm totally okay with it thought because we had such a good time! Kylie also introduced me to the nook-color. Hello new find! I can't wait to get my hands on one of those things, probably will be on my list for Christmas next year ;) She was showing me all the cool things you can do with it and says she's already read about 8 or so books on it! The thing is fantastic!

I still have to do my Christmas update and hopefully I'll get to that tomorrow! I have to get the camera card from my grandma and put the pictures on my computer and I haven't been home to do so! It'll be late, but it will be fun to remember how awesome this christmas season was!

As for new years resolutions, I've never been very good at them. But I have a very good reason to keep one of my resolutions this year--my wedding! So that being said, maybe if I display my resolutions for the blog world to see, I might actually keep them better this year! :)

1. I want to lose 10 lbs. and tone up for my wedding. I realize I'm already a good size for my body, but really this goal is more about getting into an exercise and healthy eating routine. And what a better way to motivate myself than for my wedding! Any health/exercise tips from the blog world??

2. I want to read my bible more. I desperately need to work on my relationship with Christ and for some reason that always seems to be put on the back burner for me. I find that I need direction though when I do read, so does anyone have any good devotional books they've used and would recommend?

3. I need to graduate and find a job! I will graduate so I'm not as concerned with that (although, actually getting to graduation may prove a feat in itself! I'm already stressed and the semester hasn't even begun!) But I would really like to find a job--preferably one that I will enjoy. I'd really like the NIC-U, and while I've been in the NIC-U before, I haven't had any formal training so I doubt that will come to fruition, but I'd also like mom/baby and I could do ICU as well :) I just need it to happen!

4. I want to read more! I have a very hard time reading anything but nursing books during school, so this goal will have to be met after I graduate. I love to read and will be looking for some good books--sooo, blog world, give me a list of some good books you've read! :)

5. I need to learn to relax. Over the last few years I've developed quite a case of anxiety. It gets worse, gets better, but when it's bad--it's bad. I would really like to learn to relax and live more in the moment instead of worrying about everything that I can't control.

6. Lastly, but certainly not least, I want to learn how to be a good wife and partner to David. This is a role I've never been in before and while I've had some good examples set before me, it's quite different being in this role! :) I'm not quite sure how to go about this so again, any tips? :)

I hope everyone had a great New Year's! I really enjoyed reading about all of them as well as looking at all the holiday pictures! I hope 2011 brings happiness and peace to all of you :)

No comments: