Monday, January 10, 2011

Inspiration Monday

" Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. This day is all that is good and fair. It is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, to waste a moment on yesterdays."--- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well I think that quote is perfect today :) Tomorrow should be my first day of my last semester of nursing school, but I'm thinking it will be canceled. The blizzard of 2011 is in full force here and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I haven't blogged in a few days because I have been sick. David was sick over break with some kind of cold virus and I thought I'd get away with it, but it turns out that I didn't. I did the Hurst Review (nursing girls, have you ever taken that?? It was great!) and on Tuesday I started not feeling very good and by Friday I could barely function, haha! Saturday I went to urgent care to find out that a) my nasal passages were so swollen that is was "nasty looking" according to the NP and b) that I had a pretty nasty sinus infection. I basically spent the weekend laying on the couch, in as dark a place as possible listening to movies and spending time with David. I'm sure he enjoyed it, haha ;) At least I know he will take good care of me when I'm sick and we're married!

I'm on day 3 of antibiotics and I'm just now starting to feel a little better. So this snow storm couldn't have come at a better time :) I have a little more time to relax, rest, and gear up for a healthy last semester! The snow is just beautiful and Marley is having a ball playing in it! Unfortunately, I left my camera charger at David's so I can't use my camera! But I did take a video with my flip so hopefully I'll upload that later.

Right now, I'm going to lay back down on the couch and watch a movie :) I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday, and if you are dealing with the blizzard (like the whole SE...and I think the NE is about to get pounded too!!) then stay warm!

PS- I've got some exciting news for Wedding Wednesday!

4 comments:

Laura Darling said...

Aw, bummer that you're sick! But at least you can stay inside where it's warm and cozy!

The snow is supposed to start here tomorrow afternoon, and I am hoping against hope that my night class is canceled tomorrow! We're only supposed to get about eight inches, which around here is pretty standard and happens a few times a year, so we'll see if they cancel school or not!

Hope you're feeling better soon! Love the quote at the beginning too!

a life of color said...

I have watched a few of the hurst review classes online and LOVED them! I def. plan on doing it again when I graduate!

Ashley said...

Sorry you're not feeling well dear! Hope you feel better soon!

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

your blog is lovely! i am happy i found you. :)
your newest follower!
xoxo