Monday, January 17, 2011

Inspiration Monday

Well I'm almost 2 hours late with this post, but better late than never right? Not only is this today's quote, but it's also this semester's power verse (I've picked out a verse every semester to focus on and help me through!) :

"If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20-21

Oh how comforting those words are to me, in life, but especially in my last semester of nursing school...with a lot of change coming! There is a light at the end of the tunnel (but it's very very tiny!!)

This weekend has been just wonderful. David came up Friday evening and had MLK day off so we had an extra day to hang. We did a bunch of fun wedding stuff this weekend and made a major change in what I posted on Wedding Wednesday of last week.

Just a little background, but in your last semester of nursing school, you do a preceptorship--which is the same thing as an internship--they just have to use a scary term. Most nursing schools allow students to choose a few areas they would like to be in and try to place them there. I think that is a wonderful idea because considering how hard it is to get a job as a nurse right now, if you want to get a job in an area of interest, you have to have some experience there. Unfortunately, our nursing school made the decision to get rid of having a choice. I'm bummed about that because I feel like it's taking away my option of finding a job I will love once I graduate. I know it's not the end all, be all, but it's still frustrating after all of the hard work I've put in. Butttt, I got my preceptorship information last week. For the next 5 or 6 weeks, I will be working on the women's health oncology floor 7p-7a, Thurs, Fri, and Sat.

I have never been interested in taking care of cancer patients. I don't mean that in a mean way, but it's just not my passion. But I'm looking on the bright side, maybe I'll find out that I actually enjoy it? And I'm actually okay with the hours and I've spoken to my preceptor (nurse who I will be working with) over e-mail a few times and she sounds really nice. Whether I love it or hate it, it will only be for 120 hours, or 5 weeks, or 10 days :) ....yep, 10 days sounds the best! And even if I do end up hating it, I have my wedding planning to look forward to ;)

Happy almost Tuesday everyone!

1 comment:

a life of color said...

Hey girl I totally hear you on the preceptor thing. I have not even started my semester yet (I will next week) and I am so nervous/excited to get my preceptor information. Unfortunately, will not precept until the last month of school. We got to pick the two area we are interested in so who knows where I will end up. I wanted to be able to pick the hospital...but no such luck there. Good luck and have fun! Let us know how it goes!