Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Would You Believe....?

....that I am caught up on all of my nursing reading and work load??!! Thanks to a 2 hour start delay for my second class of the day, I got a lot of work accomplished! And now I can watch American Idol tonight without feeling guilty of procrastination;)

I had my first test of the semester today and I'm fairly positive I passed! I don't know about you, but I always breathe a sigh of relief when I finish with a test day. For some reason, no matter how prepared I am, I am still exhausted at the end of the day! I had to take a nap when I got home ha! One thing I think is worth pointing out is a book I have to read for my maternity class. It's called "Monique and the Mango Rains" and it's about this woman who is sent by the Peace Corps to work in Mali, West Africa to better a small village. She lives with the town's only midwife and the book chronicles her journey there. I literally just started the book today, but I already love it. I'll let you know how it goes and if I think you should read it (but I'm definitely already leaning towards you reading! ha!)

Tonight my mom had to go up to the school she teaches as for the science fair presentations so I tagged along. Oh my lordy I had completely forgotten how many children actually went to that school! It was crazy and completely unorganized. Parents and children were walking up and down these narrow aisles in between the tables and bumping and pushing into one another. They should sign me up to coordinate lines next year;) On the other hand, there were some pretty cool projects. I only did one science fair project growing up and it was on how fast different substances melted. Not very creative, right?! What kind of science fair projects did you do??

After the science fair, mom and I had dinner at Brixx Pizza. I don't know if you guys have Brixx where you live but oh. my. goodness. It's soooo thin and the pepperonis are sooo big. It's delicious, and the best part (aside from having millions of pizzas to choose from...) is that you can get wheat crust! I'm in love.

Anyway. American Idol and a cup of hot chocolate is calling my name:) Have a good night y'all!

Erin

1 comment:

Katie said...

Congrats on hopefully doing well on your test and getting a head start on your HW!