Thursday, June 11, 2009

The One Where Summer Hits the City

Summer is finally here!  Well sort of.  I am taking 2 summer courses plus a lab.  In other words- I'm swamped for another two weeks.  I do like having something to do during the day, but the work load is incredible!  I have at least 1 test every week, although most of the time there ends up being a quiz, test, or practical every day of every week!  I guess that's the price you pay for summer courses!

I am currently sitting here updating my blog.  I found a really cool website that has free backgrounds, headers, etc. to create your blog.  I think it's really nice that it's free, because as a recent college graduate- I'm broke!  If you are looking for a cool website to update your blog, I highly recommend going to this site!

Marley (my sweet, sweet puppy) has had a hard day.  Not only did he get neutered today, but he also got micro-chipped, had a shot, and had 2 baby teeth pulled that never fell out.  All of this and he only weighs 4 1/2 lbs.!!  He is currently curled up next to me fast asleep.  So he's asleep and I thought I would take this time to write about what I've been up to lately.

I love to bake and I've recently decided I wanted to learn how to make fondant covered cakes.  You know..the gorgeous wedding cakes?  The more research I did, the more I learned that fondant doesn't  taste very good!  So after more research I found this really great website that has a marshmellow fondant!  I've made a few batches and it tastes pretty good- I think the main thing is getting past the "chewy" part haha!  But I've made one cake so far and it turned out kind of cute!



I've also been down to Greenville, SC to visit David a few times.  I really enjoy the time we spend together, because come fall semester, I will have no free time!  Nursing school/no life here I come! :)  The last time I was down there, the weather was beautiful so David and I took a trip to downtown Greenville (as well as the rest of Greenville!) to the Falls Park!  Here is a picture of us sitting on a bench after we finished our ice cream!



Last weekend, David, my cousin Amy, and her boyfriend Tyler all went to the Brad Paisley concert.  Unfortunately it rained the whole night and we were on the lawn!  We brought 3 umbrellas and multiple blankets, but we still got pretty wet!  Even though it rained, we had SO much fun!  Here is a picture of Amy and Tyler trying not to get wet!


This is my favorite picture I took of Brad that night...I thought it was so cool that his head was between the guitar hero screens!  very creative:)



Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the week!  I'll update in a few days I'm sure.  I've got a cake to bake, a graduation to attend, and a puppy to take care of:)  Love to you all!


No comments: