Sunday, June 21, 2009

The One for Happy Father's Day!

What a great weekend this has been!  Saturday I pretty much spent most of the day at the pool.  It is so nice to just relax and have nothing to do....

It did get pretty hot though, and when 4:00 pm rolled around I decided it was time to go shopping.  I got a gift certificate to a cute little shop called HUE for graduation.  Have you ever heard of it?  I had never heard of it and decided I wanted to go see what was going on there.  So my momma and I went and found out that it's a really cute pajama store!  They also have some beachy stuff and some underwearsss (VERY CUTE.)  but I spent my gift card on 2 pairs of pajamas (...I love pajamas, but who doesn't??!) and a cute beach bag because I'll need one when I go to the beach on Thursday!  Here is a picture of the cute nightgown I got at HUE!

The only thing that is different on mine, is the top yellow part, is actually green!

Do people still wear nightgowns?  I didn't know, but I thought it was cute and it is SOOO comfortable!

I had to babysit Saturday night for the cutest kids on the planet (literally, like cuter than Jon and Kate plus 8's kids...so that's pretty cute!)  and I was walking out the door to head on my way, when my most AMAZING boyfriend was sitting in my driveway!!!  I didn't think I was going to get to see him this weekend because we were both pretty busy, but he decided to surprise me:)  How GREAT is he?!!

I hope everyone had a great Father's Day!  I spent mine laying out at the pool and having dinner with my family:)  I make an amish white bread from scratch that my grandfather just loveesssss so for Father's Day I made him a couple loaves.  Just for the sake of the blog I took a picture with one loaf of the bread haha!

The bread is without a doubt some of the best bread I have ever had!  You can find the recipe here, along with lots of other delicious amish recipes!

My favorite picture from the day was with my grandfather.  He is the most loving and caring man.  He has been there for me since the day I was born and I wouldn't be the person I am today without him.  He has blessed my life in more ways then I can count!  I hope he had a WONDERFUL grandfather's day!  

What did you guys do this weekend?  How was everyone's father's days?  I hope everyone had as great a weekend as I did:)  And I'm sure you guys did, because it looks like almost everyone went out of town! I can't wait to hear the stories!

Erin

2 comments:

Katie said...

That nightgown is so cute! I wish I could wear nightgowns but they get all wrapped up around me and I get claustrophobic haha

And that tank top is SO CUTE! Where is it from!?!?! I want it!!

Katie said...

ok I just posted a comment like 85 times bc I didnt realize there was a comment approval thing hahaha, please dont approve all 85 of them!