Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wedding Wednesday...Finally!

Finally, an update! I'm so sorry I haven't been around lately. It seems like it's all I can do to just get through a week of nursing school these days! They seem to just keep piling on the work...there's a light at the end of the tunnel (May 7th to be exact...) but it's a very, very small light right now :) And my schedule is only going to get worse starting in March! Oh well, if I make it through this semester, I can make it through anything :)

First of all, Ashley's sweet baby is adorable. He may be the cutest baby on the planet right now. I can't wait to meet him:)

Second, there have been a few new things wedding-wise!

  • The bridesmaid's have ordered their dresses! We ended up going with the purple ones from Nordstrom's. I love them. And as far as I know (and have been told) the bridesmaid's love them too! I'm happy to hear that because I don't want them to be wearing something they don't like!
  • I'm still on the look out for some shoes for the bridesmaids. I'm still thinking cream but I just have not had time to look!
  • I found my shoes! They are satin white right now...but soon they'll be purple ;) And I'll show you a picture of them once they are complete!
  • I've met with a florist! I really liked her and she had some great ideas. Apparently everything is blooming in September and we are going to have some bright colors intertwined :) My grandmother and I are meeting with another florist on Friday just to compare, so hopefully we'll know what we're dealing with soon.
  • The most exciting thing that's happened recently is that David and I had our engagement pictures done on Sunday!! We had so. much. fun. We had them taken at Clemson. Some on the football field (for all of you Tigers out there, we got to touch the rock and run down the hill! It was pretty cool!), the soccer field (David's home turf), and in the botanical garden. The guys were hoping to to get them back to us within two weeks!! As soon as I get some pictures, I'll put some up.....I'm hoping they are good :)
  • Lastly...I'm on the schedule next Wednesday to get my dress altered! I already have my dress, I'm going to have a completely full schedule until the middle of May...so I wanted to go ahead and get on top of it. I have to admit, I'm enjoying the fact that I'm going to get to wear my dress again so soon ;)
PS- if any of you watch Glee...the Justin Bieber episode is cracking me up... (yeahhh....I'm a week behind on my shows...)...although I really liked watching Puck sing "Fat Bottom Girls" in whatever episode that was. He is just so cute!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! I'm heading to spend time with David on Friday, maybe I'll have something worthy of a blog post sooner than a month :)


No comments: