Thursday, August 12, 2010

All Grown Up!


Today has been a busy day! I haven't slept in much this week due to doctors appointments and helping my mom set up her classroom for the upcoming year, so today I did sleep in! Until about 10:30! I got up and showered and headed out for a Starbucks date with this man:

My granddaddy and I have a long standing Starbucks date tradition and today was the day for that:) We get to catch up on life and talk, just us two, I love it!

When I was 11 years old, the sweetest little girl came in to my life--and 11 months later so did her sister:) I call them my "babies" and I babysat for them until they were too old to be sat for anymore! Anna is the older of the two and will be going in to middle school this year! And Faith is the younger and will be going in to 5th grade. How did they get so old??! They were the cutest little angels and still are! (Faith is on the left, Anna is on the right!)

And here they are now... (Faith is on the left, Anna is on the right!)

....such big girls! But I still call them my babies:) Anna is the same age I was when she was born! I haven't seen them all summer so today I took them to see the movie Ramona and Beezus. It was such a cute movie and I enjoyed getting to spend time with them!

And just for inquiring minds--my latest sewing project was a pair of pajama pants! And the good news is that they stayed together last night when I wore them! :) :) No sewing projects for a while because it's in the shop getting worked on--it's a 23 year old machine so I'm sure a "tune-up" was needed.


I'm so excited because tomorrow David gets back from Mexico! I'm picking him up from the airport and we are heading to the lake for the weekend. So no weekend updates, but I'll try to take some pictures so I'll have something to write about when I return:) I hope you guys have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Those pajama pants are so cute! I really want to learn to sew. My mom has an old machine somewhere so hopefully she will be able to teach me a few things. Is it hard?