Monday, May 9, 2011

Nursing Graduation :)

Warning: This is a long post with a lot of pictures!! :)

This past week was all about graduation from nursing school. Tuesday was the Pinning Ceremony and Wednesday was Blessing of the Hands, which you can read about here. Thursday, the nursing girls had a "Bachelorette Party" for the three nursing girls who are getting married this year.
*Me and Van, the 2 September brides!*

*The whole group! Love you girls:) *

We went to a new restaurant called San Antonio's. I loved it! And actually, now through May, everything on the menu is $5!! (I think it's a marketing ploy for the restaurant, but most of the entrees range from $13-$22, so $5 is a pretty good deal!) So needless to say, I will be going back there a few times in May :)

Saturday was graduation day! My future in-laws came in to town to help me celebrate and I'm so thankful for their support--and the fact that they are letting me marry their son! ;)

We got to the school about 8:30 am and grabbed a row of seats! I got a couple of pictures with my family and then a few with my friends. Then it was about time to line up.
* Me and my handsome granddaddy*


*Me and Les before graduation!*


*My family all in a row, there to support me!*

The nursing girls were in the back of the line so we were last to graduate. Word at the graduation is when they announced the Presbyterian Nursing School graduates (we all stood up to be recognized), we were the loudest group there! We were so thrilled to be finished and relieved to finally be at this point! As we walked across the stage, we were given our diploma and then hooded. (Colleges and universities used to hood their bachelor graduates, but most have stopped. Queens still does and it was a great experience!)
*Receiving my diploma!*

*Getting hooded by my grandmother's friend, Dr. Chris Allegretti. It was such an honor to be hooded by someone I know and look up to!*

Once we were all finished walking, the graduation was pretty much over. After the recessional we all went to meet our families. I was so excited!


Then we got a slew of pictures with my family :)

*My favorite aunt. I sure do love her!*

*My wonderful, supportive mom :) I love her, too!*


*Such a supportive fiance! :)*

*My wonderful cousins!*

*My incredibly supportive, wonderful grandparents. I wouldn't be anywhere without them!*

After graduation, Leslie's family held a graduation luncheon at their house.
*Me, Les, Vanessa, and Seana at Leslie's graduation luncheon!*

They are some of the kindest people in the world and we all really enjoyed getting to spend some time relaxing, eating, and enjoying each other's company! Once we left there, we made a pit stop at Vanessa's house because her family was throwing a graduation party there as well! We were pooped, but my family dinner was that night :) We had a great dinner outside on the deck, opened presents and spent the evening hanging out.

If you've made it this far, congratulations! :) Sunday we made breakfast for my mom and David's mom and that pretty much sums up our week. It was such a wonderful weekend and I am so thankful for all of the support and love from my family and friends through this experience. Now...if I can only pass NCLEX! :)

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Congratulations!! Sounds like a wonderful day! Now here comes the real world! : )

Sarah Robbins said...

Congratulations!! You must be SO excited.

Kelly Lynn said...

Congratulations!! I am so so excited for you!!! The graduation ceremony looked beautiful- how fun to have it outdoors. Best wishes for the NCLEX! You can do it!

a life of color said...

Congratulations on graduating from nursing school!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't it feel amazing!! I can't wait to see what lies ahead for you :)