Monday, May 10, 2010

Graduation Weekend


I posted last night (wasn't that video just so sweet??) just to let everyone know that I'm home! I felt fine then, but I woke up this morning and my throat was hurting:( Bummer. I'm hoping it will go away overnight because I'm really counting on some mexican food with my momma tomorrow night since I'm moving Wednesday!

This weekend, my whole family traveled down to Atlanta for my cousin Scott's graduation from Ga Tech.
We got to the hotel Friday in time to go out to dinner and then hit the hay for an early start on Saturday! The graduation started at 9:00am and my grandmother loves front row seats to anything special involving grandkids so she got ready and headed to save seats at 7 am!! Crazy, but we got awesome front row seats:)
We were sitting right where the students walked by to line up on stage...see how close we were? The whole thing took about 2 hours and it was really great getting to see my cousin graduate from such a prestigious school. He and I (and Amy) have basically grown up together (in the same neighborhood for 22 years...) and have a great friendship, so I'm glad I could be there for him on his special day!
It was such a beautiful day so after the actual graduation was over, we stood around outside and took pictures!

*Proud momma:) They make a great looking family, don't you think?*


*Of course we had to get a shot of the whole family!! We were all so proud of him!*


*If you know anything about GA Tech, you know about the "Ramblin' Wreck"...of course we had to get a picture!*

Scott's wonderful girlfriend Kylie came to the graduation, as well as her brother and her mom! It was so nice of them to come and I know Scott really enjoyed having them there.


We finished the graduation celebration at a fantastic Atlanta restaurant called Bones. (If you're ever in Atlanta, please please go by and eat there!) It's one of the best steakhouses I have ever been to and every single person who worked there was so incredibly nice. They had a table all set up for us when we got there with graduation confetti all over the table! Even better though, they had a menu printed out that said, "Congratulations, Scott!" on the top with a picture of the GA Tech mascot! Scott was so surprised and we all were just as equally thrilled about the effort the restaurant went to making this such a special day!

Dinner was so wonderful and it was great getting to just sit and talk. It took us 3 1/2 hours to eat because we were having such a great time!


*Amy and me at dinner!*


*And I of course had to have a picture with the graduate!*

One of the last surprises of the night was for dessert! They brought out a "congratulatory" cake with a candle on it in recognition of Scott's big day. It was an ice cream cake and it was a huge hit! Everyone loved it!
The weekend was so much fun and I'm so glad we all got to help Scott celebrate his accomplishments. One last crazy surprise happened at 4:30am on Sunday morning, but I'm going to save that story for tomorrow ;) I hope you all had as great a weekend as I did! And now I'm going to try to start feeling better for some mexican food tomorrow! :)


2 comments:

Katie said...

that white dress is darling!

Unknown said...

aww..Looks like you had a ton of fun! I love graduations! My little brother graduated last year and it was a blast! Sadly..my little sister graduates next year and im gonna have to miss it :(

XOXO