Monday, September 7, 2009

The One Where the Tigers Win!

*The Fabulous Four!*

What a fabulous weekend this has been! Before I forget...happy labor day everyone! I didn't have much of a labor day. I drove home (amid the thousands of police that were out today. They were literally lining up on the highway to catch speeders!), did some P90X, and started back on my nursing work. I feel really, really behind since I didn't do any work over the weekend. But I'm on my way to catching up and I only have 3 days of class this week so I'm sure I can handle it!

Well I know you are all anxiously awaiting the outcome of the very first Clemson football game of the season! And....drumroll please...It's a TIGER WIN!!!

Friday after David got off work, we headed down to Clemson. There was a soccer game that David wanted to go to so he headed off to that and I went to dinner with my old roommate Jess, her boyfriend Jake, her parents, and our friend Meredith. We went to this awesome mexican restaurant called "Los Amigos". If you are ever in Seneca, SC you should DEFINITELY check it out:) On Saturday we woke up at 9:30 and got ready to go tailgate! We tailgated from 12:30 until game time (which was at 6 pm!). I had a great time catching up with everyone and really being in Clemson for the first game as an alum!!

*Roomies*


*The most exciting 25 seconds in football!*

*Our first extra point after the touchdown 10 seconds into the game!*

The very first kick-off of the game, we ran back for a touchdown! So it was a good start for the Tigers! We had a great time for the first 2 quarters and even got up on the big screen! You know it's always exciting to get on the big screen!! Ha! :) But around half time it started raining! Yes, you heard me right! Raining....even though the weather channel said there was only a 10% chance of rain all day and night! I even checked the weather website on my blackberry and it STILL said only a 10% chance of rain! We sat through about as much rain as we could but Jess had on a white dress, it was getting chilly, and we were winning by a bajillion to like 14 so we decided to go on home.

Since there was no school today, I stayed Sunday night with David. I really enjoyed that because I don't feel like we have gotten much time by ourselves lately. We don't get to talk much during the week because I'm soooo bogged down with schoolwork, reading, and studying and during the past few weekends we've been around people. (Which is totally okay! We love all of you! Ha!) But I do like to have some time that we can spend just the 2 of us. So Sunday night was enjoyable.

I hope everyone else had a great weekend and Labor Day!

Erin

1 comment:

Katie said...

wahoo for the win!!